1. Examination /C.A.T`s
- All courses offered at the center lead to internal and external examinations
- Final internal Examinations are sat at the end of one`s course duration /Level.
- External examinations are sat as per external examiners timetable which will be availed to eligible students. To be eligible to sit for external exams , all students must first sit and pass internal examinations and must be cleared all
- Outstanding fee balances (tuition, exams and materials).
- External fee payments MUST be paid in full before the stated deadline . The center will not be held responsible for late payments that will occasion missing of exams.
- C.A.T`s must be sat by all students at least Friday of each Month or as otherwise advised by the Dean. All examinations/ C.A.T`s must be sat on the date and at the time specified.
- Only students who have completed their full course fees for tuition , material and examination and full course duration will be eligible to sit for final examinations.
- In additional to academic certificates and diplomas, separate certificates will be issued to successful students in First Aid , Swimming, computers and Field Activities. (as appropriate)
- Successful students are awarded internationally and locally recognized certificates / diplomas. External exam fees will be charged in the effective foreign currency of the respective country.
- If a student fails to sit for an exam on the allocated date, he/she will be liable to pay a penalty fee of 50% of the prescribed exam fee . The rescheduled date of exam shall be at the desecration of the center.
2. Fees Payment
- All payments must be made at the reception to an authorized person in charge for an official receipt. The center will not accept liability for monies paid outside the reception and where a valid official (center) receipt is not issued.
- Official receipts issued for any payment must be kept safely for the entire duration of one`s course as they may be required to act as proof of payment in the event of a dispute.
- Tuition fee is payable termly . Each term consists of 3 months . There are 4 terms in a year. Monies once paid is neither refundable nor transferable . Our terms and conditions will always prevail. All cheques are payable to “REGIONAL CENTER FOR TOURISM” or RCTFL
- All fee payments shall be subject to the relevant clauses as put forth in the center`s rules and regulations. Tuition fee payment is the 5th day of the month for students paying in installments . Please note that failure to meet this deadline
- will lead to interruption of classes. Any student issuing a bouncing cheque will be subjected to a penalty fee of Kshs. 2,500/- in addition to the bank charges for issuing a bouncing cheque.
3. Insurance Cover (Cost Paid for separately)
Insurance cover (student guard) is recommended to all Regional Center for Tourism students ,Parents / Guardians are advised to take out a 24 hour persona; accident policy to protect their sons/ daughters from personal accidents.
This is a requirement for Hotel Management and Cabin Crew students and must be used during relevant practical and attachments sessions.
Hotel Management Uniform
- Black Trouser/ Skirt
- Chef`s Hat(white)
- Chef`s Jacket(white)
- Neck Scarf (Red)
- Chef`s Apron
Cabin Crew Uniform
- Black Trouser/ Skirt
- White Shirt / Blouse
- Black Sleeveless Sweater of
- Half Coat
- Swimming Costume (Y.M.C.A. Sessions)
5. Health certificate
- This is must for Hotel Management students and all students handling and preparing food for health purposes. NO student will be allowed to attend practical or attachment sessions without the health certificate. The certificate must be renewed every six months by individual students.
6. Press Cards
- This is must for all Mass Communication / Journalism students to gain access to rallies , conference ,meting and general function to avoid being harassed by authorities and to gain easy access to various venues.
7. Education Field Trips
- This is must to our students so as to have first hand knowledge of the product they aspire to sell in future . Trips are arranged to various touristic destinations in and out of Kenya at least once a term and trip costs are exclusive of tuition fee and includes (where applicable ) full board accommodation, transport and entry fee to sites. - Activity fee caters for Annual sports and beuty pageant , Open day (s) and facilitation to various firms we earmark to visit.
- Guardians / Parents /Sponsors will be sent messages a text or letters/ memos to inform them of impending trips/ events - Consent for your son / daughter must be returned to the center at least 1 day before the travel date. - Confirmation on if your son/ daughter participated will be communicated to you by the center upon return. - To curb cheating by students who are given money for field trips and end up using it in other ways , Guardians / parents / sponsors are advised to check with the center if the monies have been paid for the intended purpose. - All trips payments are payable in advance and MUST be cleared before the trip date.
8. Learning Materials
- These are learning aids including course books, handouts, audio and video tapes & CD`s and other materials used in day to day learning.
- All materials from the center are custom made for various departments to suit their leaning requirements , thus no student will be expected from acquiring and utilizing the selected materials.
- Materials are payable in termly installments and all students must pay to acquire the same.
- Audio and visual tapes and CD`s are part of the materials and all students must exercise caution handle them with care. Any student who causes damage to such shall be forced to pay or a replacement.
- Students who do not pay or who do not have materials will have their classes interrupted until such time that they pay and acquire the same.
- Material fee for Banking / Pastry and Cookery shall be paid in full at the beginning of the 2 month of that particular term.
- Material fee for other courses shall be paid in two installments -2nd Month of term and 2 Month of Term 2 .
9..Industrial Attachment / Practical Sessions
- Industrial attachment / Practical Sessions area prerequisite to all management course students due for such and are organized and Co-ordinated by the center.
- Attachments are part of the course syllabus and students are assessed and graded during the attachment term. Attachments not assessed will be considered null and void.
- Attachment term payments or sessions are a MUST to all students on official or private arrangement and no student will be exempted from this condition.
- Students who are due for attachment must in addition to other conditions have attended at least 90% of class session have a basic, ill or intermediate certificate in aa foreign language and have sat and passed their monthly C.A.T.S and end term examination and met all other requirements set for attachment.
- Eligible students for attachments must complete and fill in an attachment application form and personally hand it to the person in charge of attachment program. Deadlines for submitting the application will be announced well in advance . Payment done in full must be done upon application.
- Practical fee is chargeable to all: Hotel & Catering students . Please refer to the reception to find out how much is chargeable.
- Attachment sessions are conducted and co-ordinated by the center through the head of department and the Public Relations / Marketing Office.
- Students who do not meet laid down requirements will not be eligible for Certificatesand Diplomas.
N/B Successful completion of a course will take into consideration completion of course duration, fees (tuition, material, exams ) Practical sessions (where applicable ) and minimum 3 months attachments.
10. Audio Visual Training
- Educational Video/ CD/VCD/DVD and Radio lessons are presented to students for convenient learning and to widen the scope of their target market . These sessions area must to all students.
11.Language Club Activities
- Arranged in conjunction with elected members and patrons . Sessions are held on every other Saturday and involves interaction sessions e.g listening to radio sessions, watching movies, excursions e.t.c
12. Students /Pupil`s Pass /Passports
- Foreign students are assisted to acquire pupil`s passes from the immigration department depending on their entry status into the country. Students aspiring to travel to other countries are also assisted to acquire passports Costs incurred in acquiring the passes will be met by the student.
- On campus students housing is not available , however the center facilitates and assists interested students as secure convenient accommodation within a walking distance from the center..
14. Translation / Interpretation Services
- For those who need to understand documents written in a language they do not understand , this includes all languages offered at Regional Center for Tourism and foreign Languages.